Collected by @justin, with help from @dylangrafmyre. I welcome comments!
Be sure to see my top ergonomic tools, like standing desks.
Here’s what works for me. This may or may not work for you due to differences in daily exercise or metabolism.
Personal Summary from Justin
The high "good fat", low carb, moderate protein diet has:
- Reduced my body fat and weight effortlessly
- Increased energy, mental sharpness
Typical Daily Routine
- Upon waking, (sometimes) 1 glass of detox drink with 1 lemon + swig apple cider vinegar + tiny bit of raw honey and warm (not hot) water. 1 glass of warm water with 1 teaspoon of "Calm" magnesium
- Recently, I've been having some cold green tea and/or a bit of kombucha upon waking.
- "Bullet-Proof" style Coffee and/or Tea until sometime after 10 am.
- One to two - 16 oz. mugs of coffee or tea with following supplements:
- 1 tablespoons MCT Oil (Bulletproof Brain Octane)
- 1 tablespoons Coconut Oil (Costco Organic)
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic cocoa powder. This is a little bitter, so you might have this in one of the mugs, or split between the two mugs.
- 1 tablespoon of maca.
- Mid-day protein smoothie (berries, greens, raw eggs, Greek yogurt, MCT powder, unsweetened whey protein powder, collagen protein powder, Vitamineral. The MCT powder really makes the smoothie richer tasting.
- Dinner of fish and salad/veggies
- No snacking after dinner. Only water!
- It’s as important as exercise!
- Consistent exercise is important
- Moderation is key
- Pushing yourself hard every day is counterproductive
- Outside Magazine: Is the High-Fat, Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet Right for You? By: T.J Murphy Sep 19, 2016: "Ford, who is now 61, has practiced a ketogenic diet himself since 2006 and says he has consistently experienced improved cognition. His body fat is under 10 percent. He prefers not to drop out of ketosis, but sometimes he does. “Once when I was in Italy, I ate a half-bowl of pasta after a workout," he said. “I felt like a zombie.”
Time Restricted Eating and Fasting
- Sleep aids especially if going to bed hungry. These work for Justin:
- Best review site: Examine.com
- Justin has been taking, since the beginning of the year (per recommended dosages, with some food containing fat).
- Costco’s Turmeric and Black Pepper, 2 pills.
- BioAstin 12mg, 1 pill.
KADO-3 and RISE, 2 pills each day.
- Costco Fish Oil, 2-4 pills per day.
Products for Extended Fasting
Dylan plans to take these per the advice in "Tools of Titans" and related articles, videos, and podcasts, only for extended fasts.