Top Health Podcasts, Videos, And Books on Ketosis, Intermittent Fasting, Paleo, and related…

Be sure to see my top ergonomic tools, like standing desks.

Here’s what works for me. This may or may not work for you due to differences in daily exercise or metabolism.

Updated 8/4/2018.

Top Links

Personal Summary from Justin

The high “good fat”, low carb, moderate protein diet has:

• Reduced my body fat and weight effortlessly
  • Increased energy, mental sharpness
  • Made any periodic intentional or unplanned intermittent fasting much easier.

Typical Daily Routine

• Upon waking, 1 big glass of detox drink: 1 lemon + 1 lime + swig apple cider vinegar + LIVFit + Vitamineral
    • LIVFit is a great deal at Costco.
  • GT’s Ginger Kombucha, in the morning.
  • “Bullet-Proof” style Coffee and/or Tea consumed between 10 am and 1 pm.
    • One mug of coffee (2 cups on coffee maker):
      • 1 tablespoons MCT Oil (Bulletproof Brain Octane)
      • 1 tablespoons Coconut Oil (Costco Organic)
      • 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • One or 2 mugs, made from 2 teaspoons of green or black tea with following supplements
  • Mid-day protein smoothie (berries, greens, raw eggs, Greek yogurt, almond butter, unsweetened whey protein powder or Orgain Chocolate, sometimes MCT powder, sometimes collagen protein powder. The MCT powder makes the smoothie richer tasting.
  • Dinner of fish and salad/veggies
  • Trying not to snack after dinner. But I like a few macadamia nuts before I fall asleep.

Was Trying out

• Creatine. My weight had gone up as well as strength. I can’t say anything conclusive on this one.

No Longer doing the following but you may want to try:

• Chocolate Added to the coffee: 1-2 tablespoons of organic cocoa powder. This is a little bitter, so you might have this in one of the mugs, or split between the two mugs and 1-2 scoops of Bulletproof Collagen powder.
  • Added to the green tea: 1 teaspoon of maca because the maca seemed to cause me insomnia. Definitely, don’t take it past noon.
  • Avoid drinking caffeine right when you wake up unless you want to be addicted to it. By never drinking caffeine when I wake up, I am able to suspend caffeine intake with no headaches. I’ve gone back to having my tea/coffee 30 min after waking.

Common Themes

Articles

• Outside Magazine: Is the High-Fat, Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet Right for You? By: T.J Murphy Sep 19, 2016: “Ford, who is now 61, has practiced a ketogenic diet himself since 2006 and says he has consistently experienced improved cognition. His body fat is under 10 percent. He prefers not to drop out of ketosis, but sometimes he does. “Once when I was in Italy, I ate a half-bowl of pasta after a workout,” he said. “I felt like a zombie.”

Time Restricted Eating and Fasting

Fasting Resources

Sleep Tracking

Tracking sleep is highly beneficial as it can help you correlate and figure out causations with what causes good and bad sleep.

Podcasts

Supplements

• Best review site: Examine.com
  • I have been taking, since 2017 (per recommended dosages, with some food containing fat):
    • Costco’s Turmeric and Black Pepper, 3 pills.
    • BioAstin 12mg, 1 pill.
    • KADO-3 and RISE Nootropics from HVMN, 2 pills each day.
    • Costco Kril Oil (1-2 pills) or Fish Oil (2-4 pills per day).

Products for Extended Fasting (from Dylan Grafmyre)

Per the advice in “Tools of Titans” and related articles, videos, and podcasts, only for extended fasts.

Random Notes