ShakaCode is Hiring and Partnering! Part-time Remote is OK!

See updated post below

I’m looking to hire or partner with other like minded remote freelancers that enjoy using the tools that I focus on in my blog and my forum. In a nutshell, that’s typically Ruby on Rails and ReactJs. The projects are web apps for startups and our own internal startup project.

If you’ve got another full-time gig, then working with me part-time could be a great way to dip your toes into my world of remote telecommuting.

In terms of partnering, if you have consulting firm or are a busy freelancer, let’s connect, in case you’ve either got extra bandwidth, or if you need to find a subcontractor

Requirements

1. Programming is a passion, not a job.
  2. Active contributions to open source, including pull requests, sample applications, etc.
  3. Lots of communication samples, including blogging, forum participation, etc.
  4. Ability to manage your own time and motivation.
  5. Your own setup to be super effective, including faster Internet and an awesome Mac.
  6. You understand this project: https://github.com/justin808/react-webpack-rails-tutorial/. We’re using this as a template for all our projects.

Non-Requirements

1. Sitting in boring, long meetings with cranky co-workers trying to prove they’re smarter than you.
  2. What hours you work and where.

Alternately…

Want to get involved in the world or modern web apps and remote freelancing. I’m mentoring a few friends on the following, so desire and skill is all that’s required.

Basic Preparation

(unless you’ve got plenty of relevant experience)

1. You’ve gone through the http://railstutorial.org program or have equivalent experience.
  2. Know client side JavaScript well, and are learning ReactJs and Flux (now Redux).
  3. Experience working on professional software teams, or show some serious initiative.
  4. Make some pull requests on some of my projects on github, such as the
    1. react-webpack-rails-tutorial
    2. bootstrap-sass-loader

Interested? Email me!

1 Like

ShakaCode is really jamming in 2021!

You can see our projects of the past couple of years here: ShakaCode Recent Work.

We just launched HiChee.com on TikTok and after one month, we got over 1.6M views, 245K+ likes! And that’s all 100% organic, free, like open source!

All of our marketing for ShakaCode is contributing to the programming community, via open-source, articles, and conference talks.

So if you’re passionate about programming, let’s talk!

Aloha,

Justin