See updated post below
I’m looking to hire or partner with other like minded remote freelancers that enjoy using the tools that I focus on in my blog and my forum. In a nutshell, that’s typically Ruby on Rails and ReactJs. The projects are web apps for startups and our own internal startup project.
If you’ve got another full-time gig, then working with me part-time could be a great way to dip your toes into my world of remote telecommuting.
In terms of partnering, if you have consulting firm or are a busy freelancer, let’s connect, in case you’ve either got extra bandwidth, or if you need to find a subcontractor
- Programming is a passion, not a job.
- Active contributions to open source, including pull requests, sample applications, etc.
- Lots of communication samples, including blogging, forum participation, etc.
- Ability to manage your own time and motivation.
- Your own setup to be super effective, including faster Internet and an awesome Mac.
- You understand this project: https://github.com/justin808/react-webpack-rails-tutorial/. We’re using this as a template for all our projects.
- Sitting in boring, long meetings with cranky co-workers trying to prove they’re smarter than you.
- What hours you work and where.
Want to get involved in the world or modern web apps and remote freelancing. I’m mentoring a few friends on the following, so desire and skill is all that’s required.
(unless you’ve got plenty of relevant experience)
- You’ve gone through the http://railstutorial.org program or have equivalent experience.
- Experience working on professional software teams, or show some serious initiative.
- Make some pull requests on some of my projects on github, such as the
Interested? Email me!