I’m about to add geocoding to not one, but 2 apps. We have the liberty of picking the currently best available solution. We deploy on Heroku. We want to do real estate mapping type operations, such as show records within N miles.
Any suggestions or favorites?
- most popular, been around very long time.
- Only 16 open issues: https://github.com/alexreisner/geocoder/issues, so well maintained.
- Might be lots of stuff we don’t need. Needs evaluating.
- Alternative to GeoCoder
- 29 open issues, so somewhat more than GeoCoder.
- Might be nice to have the activerecord adapter
Useful slide deck: Geolocation on Rails