Here’s an abbreviated version of this excellent article: How To Manage Your Ebook Collection For The Amazon Kindle With Calibre
1. Determine Your Kindle Emails to Accept Content
- Google for “Manage Your Content and Devices Kindle” and log into your Amazon account for your kindle. Go to Settings --> Personal Document Settings. There, you’ll see a list of devices and emails.
- Easier. Go to the kind program on your mobile device and click the gear icon for Settings. You see the
SEND-TO-KINDLE EMAIL ADDRESS
Important: You need to configure emails that your kind account accepts.
2. Use Calibre
Install the latests version of Calibre.
Configure email sending. Don’t use your regular email account. Create a free email account. Why? You want 2-factor authentication on your regular email. That won’t work with this.
If you use Gmail, you’ll want to use the
- Use Authentication: Yes
- Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
You will probably need to do this if using gmail:
If you’re still having problems, visit http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and sign in with your Gmail username and password. If necessary, enter the letters in the distorted picture.
You may need to authorize less secure apps: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
3. Drag a MOBI or EPUB book into Calbre
If you add an EPUB book, Calibre will convert it to MOBI when you send it to your Kindle.
Right click on the title you want to send and email it to your kindle.
Your books show up within a few minutes. You might have to hit the Sync button on your kindle.